IRS And Taxation Attorneys Suggests to Keep Your Tax Return Documents

Friday, October 30, 2015
California Tax lawyers (taxation attorneys) recommend that taxpayers should keep a record of all tax returns and associated documents for their records. This comes in handy if you need copies of your previous year’s tax returns or to assist with completing future tax returns. This is also important if you need to amend a tax return from previous years. Copies of your taxes and documents are necessary for home or business loan applications, and they may also be needed for children who file for student financial aid.
The IRS is able to get you transcripts of your tax records or copies of previous tax returns if you can’t find your original copy. Getting a tax return transcript is free.  Transcripts are available for the current year and for up to three previous years.  The transcript lists your information, such as marital status, which return was filed, adjusted gross and taxable income.  If there were any changes after you filed, they will not be reflected on the tax return transcript. Anyone can order transcripts online or by calling the IRS.  

Please note that the IRS “Get Transcript” service is a temporary not functional which can affect the delivery of your transcript.  Currently, the IRS is adjusting the website security due to a cyber-hacking earlier this year. You can contact the IRS directly so they can send a transcript you via mail. You can request al tax return transcript by mail or fax.  Just complete a 4506T-EZ Form to request a tax return transcript.  Once the IRS receives the request, your transcript will be mailed to you within the next five to 10 business days. 

If you need a copy of your tax return that was processed, each year will cost $50 to retrieve the documents and is available for up to six previous years.  Fill out Form 4506 to request the copy of the return and mail it to the IRS.  This request takes 75 days.
If you applying for a mortgage, you can verify your income with a tax return transcript. Students applying for financial aid can import tax return information to their application using the IRS Data Retrieval tool available on the FAFSA website.
Are you a victim of identity theft? Did you receive an IRS notification about a suspicious income tax return? Did your e-filed return get rejected due to a duplicate Social Security Number? You may be a victim of tax-related identity theft.  If so, you should file an identity theft affidavit while the IRS is resolving your case.  Call the IRS for further details.

Tax forms are always available for you to download electronically from the IRS website. Do you need to hire a reliable team tax professionals / taxation lawyers?, which includes IRS Tax Attorneys, IRS Levy Attorneys, and IRS Fresh Start Attorneys, contact the Strategic Tax Lawyers Firm.  We are tax lawyers who have years of success in IRS dealings.  Call the Strategic Tax Lawyers at (800) 669-4775 for a free consultation to assist you with your tax-related matters.